November 6, 2017:
The 2017 AMA KENDA SRT National Hare & Hound Championship is prepped and ready for the SEASON FINALE this weekend in Barstow, California! Hosted by Checkers MC of District 37, the renowned club will be celebrating its 67th Checkers Check Chase. Hosting just near Slash X Ranch Cafe, both motorcycles and ATV’s will a true National-caliber event to conclude the season. Remember, there are NO membership fees, gate fees or camping fees. Bring out the family and enjoy an exciting Fall-weather weekend in the desert.On Sunday morning, the nation’s toughest and fastest off-road racers will line up on the Zip Ty Starting line for two loops of sweet desert terrain; one 32-mile loop, then a 37-mile loop to the KTM finish line. Although Purvines Yamaha DA8’s Gary Sutherlin took the overall championship title at round eight, 2nd and 3rd in the championship aren’t yet to be decided. FMF KTM’s Taylor Robert sits 14 points ahead of Sutherlin’s teammate Axel Pearson, who sits just 9 points ahead of 2016 champion and JCR Honda rider Ricky Brabec. Precision Concepts’s Justin Morgan and Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing’s Jacob Argubright round off what will ultimately prove as an exciting top 5 season battle.
In the FMF Pro 250 Class, like the Pro class, Chidester Transport Racing’s Tyler Lynn wrapped up the championship one round early, but has left 2nd and 3rd undecided between Braydon Bland and Nick Tolman. In the Pro ATV class, Colt Brinkerhoff sits 14 points ahead of Chris Peatross, who sits just 4 points behind Jose Torres.
Tune into our Facebook to watch LIVE (service permitting). Spectators can gather at the KTM Finish Line to watch riders take the checkered flag.
- Staging is just near Slash X Ranch Cafe
- Number one plates will be awarded on-site
- Registration opens on Saturday afternoon from 1pm-4pm, and again on Sunday morning from 6am-9am.
- Riders need to get their number registered online BEFORE the race weekend: CLICK HERE
- Temp Numbers are $10 for 3 pieces (front and sides); available at sign-up’s
- Transponders are $5; available at sign-up’s
- Pre-Entry is open! Skip the crazy long lines! Click link at the top
- Big bike bomb practice is ONLY Sunday morning from 7am to 8:45am
- There is NO YOUTH this event
- Interested in working behind the scenes? Email email@example.com for more information